How do you pay the bills?

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

P.R.E.Y Episode 4: The replacement captain gets high...or something.

The first night of shooting episode 4 of P.R.E.Y was last night (if you haven't seen it yet, you are not my friend and shame on you go watch it now).


Without giving too much away, let's just say that it was more of a clusterfuck than usual. Beer was had by most (as per the norm for filming this show) however, one cast member (who was a replacement for a previous cast member who suffered from douche-itis) either had one too many or started the party before he got to the shoot. Not to say that we as a cast and crew are the epitome of professionalism. (It's pronounced "e-pit-O-me" Shia Labeouf)

But I'd like to think the majority of us care enough about the project to make an effort to make a decent product that we want to be proud of.

I, for one, am no stranger to being intoxicated in front of the camera. In fact, some of my funnier scenes in episode 3 are when I have been rather awkwardly inebriated (thanks mostly to Tommy's awesome editing) but I manage to string intelligible words/sentences together to make sense in the context of the show and react to what is going on at the present moment...in other words, I can still act my way out of a paper bag after the imbibefication of 3-5 beers. (See, I can make up words just like you, Sarah Palin)


Beers. Beers, and occasionally rum. Not whatever the captain was tokin on last night. Last I checked, no other cast member has ever decided they would start pulling out people's chest and arm hair while the camera is rolling, or proposition visitors, or wander in and out of frame during the take. But, maybe my standards are just too high for this no-budget/non-paying/indie web project.

My solution: we kill off and re-cast the character in every episode. Like a red shirt.

-Not Currently Starving, but frustrated with my art

1 comment:

  1. By the way, forgive me, the links don't appear to be working right now. I'm working on fixing them. But really, are you so lazy that you can't copy it into your browser? Really? My laziness and I are seriously considering judging you and your laziness.

    ReplyDelete

Trolls will be deleted.